There is one BIG difference between being an electrologist and other types of businesses – you are a professional! That’s not news to you, but most regular business insurance policies ignore it. Not PROtique™ – our policy is tailored to cover professional electrologists.
Electrologists need specialized knowledge to provide electrolysis treatments in a safe, hygienic manner. We too have specialized knowledge (and I think we’re pretty hygienic too ) and we’ve used it to make it easy for you to get a customized, cost-effective PROtique™ insurance policy for electrologists that does a complete job of covering your business and keeping you safe.
The services we cover for electrologists include:
- Hair Removal
Coverage Extensions are Available for:
- Electrocoagulation (for skin tags, spider/thread veins, milia, ruby points)
- Advanced Cosmetic Procedures
- Body Wraps
- Ear Piercing
- Eyebrow & Eyelash Tinting
- Eyelash Extensions/Perms/Lifts
- Electronic Muscle Stimulation (EMS)
- Gel & Acrylic Nails
- Glycolic Peels – maximum 30% AHA content
- Green Peel
- Laser, IPL & LED Services
- Make-Up Artistry – excluding tattooing
- Micro-current Skin Treatment
- Micropigmentation & Microblading
- Pedicures – excluding cutting or removal of corns, bunions or ingrown toenails
- RF/Radiowave Skin Treatment
- Relaxation Massage
- Skin Needling
- Spray Tanning
- Tanning Beds
- Teeth Whitening – product must be manufactured in North America
- Ultrasound Skin Treatment
Electrologists providing the following services cannot be insured with PROtique™:
- Body Piercing – ear piercing is acceptable
- Collagen Injections
- Corn, Bunion or Ingrown Toenail Cutting or Removal
- Ear Candling
- Fitness, Nutrition or Weight Loss Programs
- Massage Therapy – relaxation massage is acceptable
- Medical Treatments or Procedures
- Mole or Wart Treatment – certified electrologists are insured to remove hair from moles as long as they have written approval from the patient’s doctor or dermatologist.
- Tattooing – permanent makeup can be covered under a separate policy
- Varicose Vein Treatment
PROtique™Electrologists Masterplan Key Coverages
Click on in the table for more information
Covers lost profit and pays for necessary ongoing expenses if your esthetics business is interrupted or closed due to a property damage claim. For example, if your electrolysis clinic suffers extensive water damage after a storm and you’re closed for 2 months while it’s repaired, the policy will reimburse you for the profit you’ve lost and it will pay for necessary operating expenses that continue even while you’re closed, such as your salary and loan payments.
Coverage is also included for extra expenses you incur to avoid or minimize the interruption of business after a claim. For example, if your electrolysis clinic suffers extensive damage after a fire and you’re closed for 3 months, this coverage can be used to cover the costs of relocating your business and advertising to let your customers know where to find you.
All coverages are subject to the limits of insurance purchased and the usual Terms, Conditions, Exclusions and Warranties of the underwriter, Intact Insurance. Deductibles may apply to some of the listed coverages. More detailed coverage information will be provided with your quote.