COPE members are eligible for a discounted rate on a PROtique Insurance policy for your business.
PROtique has been providing Canadian electrologists with customized insurance coverage, reliable service and preferred rates for over 9 years. We’ve made it easy for you to insure your business with comprehensive coverage at an affordable premium. Some of the advantages you get with PROtique include:
- Coverage for electrolysis and waxing/sugaring
- Reduced premium for COPE Members.
- Hair removal from moles is covered as long as you are a formally trained/certified electrologist and have a note from your patient’s doctor or dermatologist confirming the mole is healthy.
- One policy to cover you with both Professional AND General Liability. Less customized policies don’t normally include both types of liability coverage, but don’t be fooled – an electrolysis business needs both types of liability coverage for proper protection especially if you’re a home based business or lease your premises.
- No deductible applies for professional liability & bodily injury claims For example, if a customer alleges they’ve been injured by a procedure you’ve performed on them, or if they slip and fall, you will not have to pay a deductible. These are the most common types of liability claims encountered in your industry.
- Contents and business interruption coverages are included automatically to protect your equipment and your cash flow if you’re closed after a claim.
- Liability protection that’s ALWAYS in force for the term you’ve purchased. If you accidentally let the policy expire or if you cancel the policy when you retire, the PROtique liability policy will still cover you if a lawsuit is received afterwards for something that happened when the policy was in force. Liability claims are often reported 2 years after the actual incident so PROtique gives you lasting protection to minimize the chance of a gap in your coverage. It seems logical, but many liability policies “disappear” if the policy is stopped, even accidentally.
- Insured by Canada’s largest & top ranked insurance company, Intact Insurance. They have offices and claims adjusters located across Canada so you’re dealing with a Canadian company and local claims people. You also have direct access to 24 hour emergency claims service with Intact.
- Convenient payment options: monthly payment, credit card payment (online or by phone), on-line banking and of course you can always send us a cheque.
Doing more then electrolysis and waxing?
No problem – we can insure a wide variety of esthetic services – electrocoagulation, laser/IPL services, manis/pedis, facials, cosmetology and more. This is not new to PROtique. We have one focus – insuring beauty care professionals like you is our sole business and we’ve been doing it for over 15 years.